Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome to our story!

Hi there! Glad you could join me in the telling of my family's story. I've been thinking about starting a blog for awhile now, but just haven't bitten the bullet and done it. Well, here goes nothin'!

I follow several bloggers and the reason I am blogging comes from Jami Nato, http://thenatos.blogspot.com, who says "Mothers are the memory keepers". The gist of this is that our family has a story to tell and if I don't tell it, who will? I want to be able to look back and remember those day to day things that are so easily forgotten. The "Hey, I remember that!" moments and even the not so fun things like sick kids, bad attitudes and messy houses. Those who know me know that I am a Facebook addict and post at least once per day. I frequently have to go digging through old posts to find some cute thing Tate did, what his weight was, or when he got a tooth so I can update his baby book. In going back and reading old posts, I realized how much I've already forgotten. I want something concrete to go back and remember these times. The best part is that each year, your blog can be printed out into a book for all to enjoy over and over. Can't wait for my first blog book!

So, let's begin with a very brief background on our family...

A.J. and I met through an online dating site on 12/30/08. We dated for a while and had planned on getting engaged around Christmas 2009 and married summer 2010. 'Twas not to be! We found out we were expecting a sweet baby on 12/19/09- what a day! So, we pushed up the timeline and got married March 14, 2010. Baby Tate Anderson Wahlquist arrived on August 11, 2010 at 1:13 am. He weighed 9 lbs 14 oz and was 21 inches long.

Since then we've had our ups and downs, bought our first house in Jefferson City, MO, and spent 1 whole incredible year with our perfect son! My little man is the love of my whole life! His daddy's okay, too. ;) We have 3 little chihuahua mixes- Lulu (2), Josie (5), and Brixie (6). We travel frequently to Kansas City to see my family and best friend and to West Plains to see AJ's family. Unlike many bloggers, I'm not a stay at home mom, not artsy-craftsy, not a photographer, and I spend most days in jeans and a t-shirt. I work with kiddos birth-3 with special needs and developmental delays. AJ is currently a charter pilot. Tate is all boy, very busy and makes hilarious faces!

We hope you'll come along on this crazy journey of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment