Saturday, November 26, 2011

Awake my soul and sing

Using this as a reminder to myself to put this song on a canvas to make art for the guest room. I'm becoming a total crafter! I guess that's what happens when you have no money to buy "real" art... you get creative and steal ideas off pinterest. I have an upcoming blog post (once I'm finished) to share with all of you my first creation.

Anywho... Here's the lyrics:

Awake, awake my soul and sing
The time for praise has come
The silence of the night has passed
A new day has begun

Let music never die in me
Forever let my spirit sing
Let all our voices join as one
To praise the giver of the sun

This is part of a song that we sung at State Choir my senior year of high school. It was awesome, amazing and totally moving. This song speaks to my soul. Lame, I know, but true. And that's a real rarity for me. It reminds me that I'm a singer at heart and that I need to find time in my busy life to enjoy the music that I love. I'll post here when I finally do something with this song. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment