Sunday, December 18, 2011

DIY calendar for $1

I just love Pinterest and all the ideas I've gotten from there! Here's my latest craft- a handmade calendar since I lost ours in the move.

We keep a family calendar on the fridge with doctor's appointments, therapy sessions, after hours work meetings, and traveling. Very helpful and I recommend for every family.


Supplies:
Large picture frame (mine's 11x13 I think)- $1 at Dollar Tree
paint cards- free at Lowe's
Scissors
 Cut small squares out of the paint cards- I just eyeballed one and used it to measure the others
 Lay them out in on the cardboard backing and then tape down with tape loopies
Note- I recommend painting or covering the cardboard with scrapbook paper, but I was lazy and didn't. I might go back and do that at some point. Or not.
 Ta da! Seriously, that was TOO easy!
 Then you can write on the glass with dry erase markers and make your calendar. The only thing I realized is missing is a place to put the month at the top. But, you should really know what month it is, so I'm just not going to worry about that. I guess you could make magnets or scrapbook paper strips with each month to put above the calendar. Hmm- might do that!

 It's also a great coloring place for your helpful toddler :)

Tate loved it! Might need his own to color on. 



Well, that's the cheapest, easiest craft I've ever done. Score! Craft away!
Oh, you can either hang this on the wall or put magnets on the back and stick to the fridge. Dollar Tree didn't have magnets, hence no magnets for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment