Sunday, December 18, 2011

The importance of a Christmas tree

I finally got our Christmas tree decorated tonight and I just love it.



I'll be honest, I really hate fluffing the tree. You know- arranging all the branches
 so your fake tree looks nice and plump and filled out. It's pokey and annoying and tedious
and I grumble the whole time I do it.

This year, we used AJ's tree. It's about 6 feet and pre-lit. Easy peasy.
My tree is 8 feet and amazing. I got it for $5 at a garage sale. It's old and sheds a lot, but it's hugantic and that makes it fabulous.

Anywho. I didn't put all the ornaments on because this tree is smaller and the branches
are much more flimsy and had some trouble with the heavier
ornaments. I also haven't unearthed AJ's ornaments yet, but I have some of mine
from years past and all of our family ones and
Tate's 1st Christmas ones.

Growing up, my mom always got us each a special ornament- typically
having to do with an interest that year. I have little smore creatures caroling,
eeyore, big bird, dogs, and misc fun ones. I got to take these with me
when I moved out on my own and hanging them up is a little
reminder of Christmases growing up.

I also have random ornaments that I bought on sale over the last 2 years. They don't have
any special meaning, but I like them anyways.
I also have jingle bells and candy canes that I used as filler for my
gigantic tree since I started out with an 8 foot tree and only about
20-25 ornaments. I love the bells and candy canes.
They remind me of how far I've come over the past few years.

I love Christmas. The music, the tree, the ornaments, the lights, the decorations,
and the general spirit of giving and loving.
The time with family that you never forget. And the traditions.
Every year I get Tate an ornament just like my mommy did for me
and I know someday when they leave my tree, I'll be sad, but I'll have all these
memories to look back on.

I can't wait for Tate to start getting a little older and really begin to
understand what Christmas is all about. I was hoping
to do an advent wreath this year, but time got away from me. Next year.
And more ornaments, bigger tree, more lights, etc.
More Christmas spirit and more giving to others.

God bless you all this Christmas season.
May we all remember the real meaning behind CHRISTmas.
May you spend this time making memories with those you love.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment